The mysterious object discovered at Bathsheba, St Joseph on Saturday is believed to be debris from a rocket launched by Arianespace out of French Guiana.
Arianespace launched 21 satellites — weighing a combined 61 tonnes — on 12 rockets in 2015. The company’s first launch of the year, and its 56th performed for Intelsat, took place on January 27 at 8:20 p.m. (local time) from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App