The mysterious object discovered at Bathsheba, St Joseph on Saturday is believed to be debris from a rocket launched by Arianespace out of French Guiana.
Arianespace launched 21 satellites — weighing a combined 61 tonnes — on 12 rockets in 2015. The company’s first launch of the year, and its 56th performed for Intelsat, took place on January 27 at 8:20 p.m. (local time) from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App