Police have formally charged Ricardo Jamar Norville, 26, of School Lane, Halls Road, St Michael with two serious offences.
They are unlawful possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition.
On Sunday around 2.10 a.m. members of the Tactical Response Unit were on mobile patrol on Cavans Lane, St Michael where a street search was carried out on Norville. The search found on his person a firearm containing six rounds of ammunition. He was detained.
Norville was due to appear at the District A Magistrates Court today.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App