A St Michael man was due to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrate court today following the discovery of guns and drugs in a consignment at the Bridgetown Port.
Rico Antonio Greenidge, 26, of Free Hill, Black Rock, St Michael, has been charged with the unlawful possession of four firearms; the unlawful importation of four firearms; possession of 1.8 kilogrammes of cannabis;possession with intent to supply trafficking; and importation.
According to police, Greenidge was detained last Friday after he attempted to clear a consignment at the Bridgetown Port, which was shipped to him.
A search by Customs officials uncovered the automatic handguns and illegal drugs hidden in boxes of detergent.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App