A teenaged boy allegedly found with a pipe gun is set to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court today.
The 16-year-old boy has been charged with the illegal possession of a firearm and possession of an offensive weapon (flick knife).
He was held while police were carrying out an operation at Valerie Land, Brittons Hill, St Michael on Thursday.
According to police public relations officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch, while police were carrying out the operation, the teenager was seen with other persons and ran, but was pursued and caught.
A search of the bag in his presence revealed a pipe gun, while a black flick knife was also discovered in his pants pocket.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App