Barbados Pride needed just 28 balls this morning to complete an emphatic innings and 56-run victory over Windward Islands Volcanoes in their sixth round encounter of the Regional First Class Championship at Kensington Oval.
Man-of-the-match fast bowler Miguel Cummins took two of the last three wickets to fall as Volcanoes, resuming their second innings on 134 for seven, added ten runs before folding.
Right-armer Cummins claimed three for 42 while off-spinner Roston Chase, who did not bowl on Monday, finished with three for 19 and left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn, two for 38.
Cummins struck in the day’s second over when he removed Shane Shillingford for 17 before Volcanoes had added to their overnight total, caught at the wicket by Shane Dowrich.
Off-spinner Ashley Nurse then trapped Mervin Matthew lbw for four in the following over before Cummins ended the innings by plucking out Kenroy Peters for five, with Dowrich claiming his fourth catch of the innings.
Pride, who started the sixth round second, picked up 19 points to move to 82 points while Volcanoes earned three points for their efforts and will remain fifth on 32 points.
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App