The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation has advised that the Lawrence T. Gay Memorial School will be closed tomorrow.
The move comes in the wake of the school’s closure last Thursday because of environmental issues, which resulted in teachers and students complaining of sore throats, itchy skin and rash.
It is the second time in the space of four months the school has had to be closed due to environmental issues, with the school also having to be closed for two days last November.
Last year, a number of schools including Combermere and Eden Lodge Nursery also had to close their doors temporarily due to environmental challenges.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App