There are reports of smooth and steady voting across Jamaica as thousands flock to polling stations to elect a new government.
The election is a straight fight between the incumbent People’s National Party led by Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller and the Andrew Holness led Jamaica Labour Party.
Simpson-Miller was among early voters at the Whitfield Town All Age School in her South West St Andrew constituency.
She told reporters she knows the “PNP will remain in power after the election.”
(photos- Jamaica Observer)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App