Barbados Pride held the advantage over the Jamaica Scorpions despite a brilliant bowling performance by spinner Nikita Miller, at the close of the second day of their eighth round WICB Professional Cricket League first-class match at Sabina Park today.
Resuming from their overnight position of 103 for 3, Barbados Pride were dismissed for 217 with the left-arm orthodox spinner Miller grabbing 8 for 67 in 37 overs. Pride’s captain Kraigg Brathwaite top-scored with his overnight tally of 66 before he fell victim to Miller, while the consistent Roston Chase, who resumed today on nine, made 53.
Chase was at the crease for three hours, received 166 deliveries and hit eight fours after his half-century came up in 177 minutes off 165 balls. Brathwaite batted for 160 minutes, faced 131 balls and struck 11 fours.
Facing a deficit of 40 having been dismissed for 177 in their first innings, the Scorpions ended the rain-hit day in a spot of bother on 22 for 2. Left-arm spinner Jomel Warrican has taken both wickets (2 for 10).
The not out batsmen were skipper John Campbell on ten and Andre McCarthy, five.
Rain stopped play 31 minutes before the scheduled tea interval and forced an early tea. There was no play for the rest of the day. (WG/BCA)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App