Princess Margaret advanced to the second round of the 2016 Barbados Secondary Schools League Knockout competition with a 1-0 victory over The Alleyne School at Six Roads yesterday.
Shaquille Welch scored for Princess Margaret in the 50th minute after Alleyne’s Xavi Springer received a red card. Princess Margaret will now play Ellerslie, also at home, on Monday evening.
Meanwhile Lester Vaughan powered their way up to third place in Zone 1 of the League Competition with a 9-1 whipping of Ellerslie at Black Rock.
There were hat-tricks from striker Damar Maloney and Codeve Sobers with one each from Quammie Neblett, Jahmali Hutson and Rashon Jackman who opened the scoring in the 7th minute.
In other Zone 1 matches, leaders Pine Hill St Leonards beat Combermere 2-0 at Waterford, Frederick Smith hammered Alleyne School 5-0 at Trents while Alexandra defeated Queen’s College 4-2 at QC’s new home ground in Holder’s Hill.
In Group 2, leaders The Lodge School denied Deighton Griffith a possible play-off spot with a 2-1 victory at Massiah Street yesterday, after Deighton Griffith had shocked Tang Parkinson at home with a 2-0 victory on Monday.(PR)
Recent Local News
- BREAKING NEWS - Police probe another unnatural death
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App