Three Canadian women and a teenager are expected to appear in court today on drug charges.
They are Paige Amber Clark,20, Emma Jacqueline Young, 17, Natalie Linton, 24, and Charlette Blackman, 35.
The quartet who arrived in the country by air on Tuesday is charged with possession, possession with intent to supply and trafficking of a combined 146 pounds of cannabis.
A search by Customs personnel at the Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) found 40 packages of cannabis hidden in boxes in Clark’s luggage; 81 packages in Young’s luggage while Linton and Blackman had 65 packages each hidden in their luggage.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App