Barbados’ former No. 1 party boat is returning to the island for Crop Over, 2016.
The popular pleasure boat announced via its Facebook page last weekend that it would be making a comeback to the island for the highly anticipated season after three years away.
When contacted, Harbour Master general manager Adrian Scoons in Trinidad and Tobago said he and crew were excited to be coming for the Crop Over Festival, especially during the 50th Independence Anniversary Celebrations.
“Bajans have been asking for it to come back for a long time now, and we are glad to be finally able to bring it back, especially now as the country is celebrating its 50th anniversary of Independence,” Scoons remarked.
He said former Miss Barbados World Leah Marville had been instrumental in making it all possible.
“We spoke to Leah, and she really pushed for it and got us the contact for the Government in order to get the necessary clearance and so on,” Scoons explained.
The boat will be in Barbados from July 18 until August 2.
The general manager said there was already a lot of interest, and the Harbour Master had already secured “lots of bookings for cruises”.
Marville, who is involved in entertainment tourism through her business My Destination Weekend, told Bajan Vibes she was very excited the boat was returning to Barbados after such a long time.
“Barbados will always have a special place in my heart,” the former beauty queen said. “The 50th anniversary is approaching, so I decided to see what I could do to help them because I knew the interest was still very much there to bring it to Barbados for Crop Over, and I know Bajans wanted it to come back for a very long time.
“And I knew it would be something very nice and nostalgic for the whole entertainment landscape of Barbados; so I did what I could.
“I’m very excited about it. It’s being very well, and it’s an honour to be a part of it!”