A third man is expected to face the law court today on charges of crop theft.
Grantley DaCosta McDonald Thorpe, 52, of Valley Land, St George, is charged with stealing 105 pounds of sweet potatoes from Chapel Plantation.
He was seen by plantation workers yesterday but ran and was later apprehended.
Thorpe is also charged with the theft of ten bags of onions.
The produce was reported stolen after it was reaped from a field at Valley Plantation, St George.
Police investigations resulted in Thorpe’s arrest.
He is expected to answer to the charges at the District “C” Magistrates’ Court.
Yesterday, two men, Ian Emmerson Bennett, 41, of Cliff, St John, and Seymour DaCosta Inniss, 52, of Cliff, St John also faced the court charged with stealing sweet potatoes between April and December last year.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App