A 56-year-old Barbadian and a 38-year-old Vincentian have been remanded to prison until May 30th after appearing in court today on four drugs charges.
Wayne Alphonso Holder of Mission Gap, Brittons Hill and Sidney Dolson Cordice of St Vincent were charged with trafficking, possession, possession with intent to supply and importation cannabis.
They were arrested and charged on Sunday following the seizure of 352 kilos of cannabis off the north coast, valued at 1.6 million dollars.
The prosecution objected to bail on the grounds that Cordice is a non-national, has no status and his entry to Barbados was unlawful.
He was before the same court on similar charges in 2013. At the time he was caught at sea with 138.6 kilos of cannabis.
Authorities are still searching for a third man in connection with the seizure.
Lawmen say the men’s boat sank as a result of unfavourable conditions at sea.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App