In a strong show of solidarity, teachers from the nation’s schools all decked in red have gathered in Queen’s Park.
The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT) summoned its members to the meeting after Minister of Education Ronald Jones declined the union’s request for talks.
Addressing the crowd this morning, BUT Public Relations Officer Dwayne Goddard said teachers were fearful and they want their issues addressed by the Minister of Education.
He insisted that the teachers’ concerns were bigger than the recent violent incident which occurred at Ellerslie Secondary between a teacher and student.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App