A police constable charged with having intercourse with a minor has been released on bail after appearing at the Holetown Magistrate court this morning.
Magistrate Wanda Blair read two counts to Donaghue St. Orville Pollard, 38, who was not required to plead to the indictable offences of having intercourse with the girl between July 1 and August 31, 2015 while the complainant was 12 years old and again on May 1 this year, while she was aged 13.
There was no objection to bail and Pollard was released on $10 000 bail with one surety.
The cop, who was represented by attorney-at-law Kevin Miller, was ordered to surrender his travel documents and warned to keep away from the complainant.
He returns to court on September 5.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App