Greens, St George resident, Jamal Omar Elliott, has been remanded to prison after appearing in the District A Magistrates Court yesterday on drugs charges.
Elliott, 24, was charged with possession of cannabis, importation, possession with intent to supply, and trafficking cannabis.
On May 5, Customs officers seized a consigned barrel containing 6.8 lbs of cannabis. Further investigations by the Drug Squad led to Elliott’s arrest.
He is due back in court on June 3.
Recent Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App