A male employee of SOL escaped injury when the 14-wheel oil tanker he was driving overturned at the Constant roundabout around 7.15 this morning.
Traffic was immediately diverted from the area as police and personnel from Barbados Fire Service, the Rapid Response Team and SOL gathered on the scene.
The driver, whose name has not been disclosed, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
Officials remain on the scene as efforts continue to remove the damaged oil tanker.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App