A 19-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Veldene Hinds.
He is Rasheed Sylvester Cox, of Ocean Road, Deacons Farm, St Michael.
Hinds, 57, of Carrington Village, St Michael was shot in the head while being driven along Barbarees Hill, St Michael on May 1.
She succumbed to her injuries four days later at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The murder accused is also facing three other charges- wounding with intent, the use of a firearm and unlawful sexual intercourse.
Cox will appear at the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court today.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App