Members of the Drug Squad have formally charged a Jamaican national with four drug offences.
Forty-four-year-old Newton Oral Rose faces charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
Rose arrived in Barbados by air from Jamaica. He was interviewed by members of the Drug Squad and later referred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he passed out 70 packages of ingested cannabis weighing two pounds.
Rose was due to appear at the District B Magistrates Court today.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App