The man who was apprehended at Bank Hall, St Michael this morning following a police chase remains in lawful custody.
Lawmen are not revealing his name at this stage, but they have revealed that he was arrested after his white Suzuki vehicle collided with two police vehicles, leaving three officers nursing minor injuries.
Police Public Relations Officer Acting Superintendent of Police David Welch said the first collision occurred in Bush Hall, St Michael. However, the alleged perpetrator refused to stop. The chase ended at Bank Hall where the second collision occurred.
Investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App