The emergency alarm system at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre was triggered on Saturday afternoon, resulting in an orderly exit of the building by scores of patrons and exhibitors at BMEX 2016.
The alarm sounded just before 4 p.m., delaying the scheduled arrival of Prime Minister Freundel Stuart.
However, the all clear was given about half an hour later when the Prime Minister proceeded on his tour of the annual Barbados manufacturers’ showcase, as patrons and exhibitors re-entered the building.
It was not immediately clear what triggered the alarm.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App