A man has been charged with the murder of a Barbadian nurse at a private hospital in south London.
Patrick “Pookie” Clarke, 68, formerly of St Patricks, Christ Church was stabbed several times at Southleigh Community Hospital in Brighton Road, South Croydon, last week.
Clarke was a prominent member of the Barbados Overseas Nurses Association in the United Kingdom.
Jimmy Jedson, 40, of Brighton Road, Croydon, is in custody and due to appear before Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
A spokesman for the Southleigh Community Hospital, a private mental care facility, said: “We are greatly saddened to confirm that a member of staff lost his life following an incident in the hospital.
“Our deepest sympathies are with his family, friends and colleagues. He [Clarke] was a valued and respected member of staff who will be deeply missed.”
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App