Two men have been jointly charged with sacrilege in connection with break-ins at several churches across the island.
Jamal Shane Quintyne, 28, of no fixed place of abode have been slapped with four counts while Wayne Harold McCarthy, 32, of Seclusion Black Rock, St Michael was handed three.
The two accused allegedly broke into St. Augustine Anglican Church, St. George and several churches in the parishes of St. Philip, St. Michael and St. Thomas. The break-ins occurred from 2015 to April 2016.
Quintyne and McCarthy were scheduled to appear before the District A Magistrates court today.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App