Arielle King, the caregiver at the centre of an elderly abuse scandal, has been released on $3,000 bail.
Today the 37-year-old former employee of Roseville Home for the Elderly in Christ Church appeared in District “A” Magistrates Court before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant to answer a charge of unlawful assault.
King of Lynches, St Philip is at the center of a video circulating on social media showing the physical and verbal abuse of Jasmine Hall, 84, a resident of the Roseville Home.
The incident occurred on April 28.
Today King’s mother Yvonne Lorde stood as her surety as the accused woman was ordered to stay away from Hall, after she was seen kicking and slapping the elderly woman with a shoe as well as verbally abusing her.
King is expected to reappear in court on Monday, May 23.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App