Jamaican Michael Watson, 25, will face four drug offences when he appears in the District B Magistrates court today.
He has been charged with unlawful possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis, trafficking in cannabis and importation of cannabis.
Watson was arrested on Sunday shortly after arriving here.
He was interviewed by police and referred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he passed out several taped packages of cannabis. The drugs weighed one kilogramme.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App