CASTRIES, St Lucia – Prime Minister Dr Kenny Anthony Thursday night announced June 6 as the date for the general elections in St Lucia.
In a radio and television broadcast, Anthony said that Nomination Day will be May 27.
In the last general election, the ruling St Lucia Labour Party (SLP) won 11 of the 17 seats with the remainder going to the main opposition United Workers Party (UWP).
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App