Police are reporting a breakthrough in their investigations into last Thursday’s murder at Neil’s Tenantry, St Michael.
Public Relations Officer, Acting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) David Welch said today a number of persons were in custody assisting with the probe into the shooting death of Scherno Ricardo Rose.
The 40-year-old was among a group of people gathered in the area when a number of men approached and discharged a firearm several times.
He was shot in his upper torso, collapsed a short distance away and died at the scene.
Meantime, investigations are continuing into the May 10 murder of 50-year-old Colin Forde of 10th Avenue, New Orleans, St Michael.
ASP Welch appealed to anyone with information to contact the nearest police station or Crimestoppers at 1 800 8477.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App