A Guyanese woman will appear in court tomorrow on four drug related charges.
La-Toya Kenisha Smart, 25, a customer service representative was charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis, trafficking cannabis and importation of cannabis.
Smart who arrived in Barbados yesterday was interviewed by police and subsequently referred to Customs.
A search of her luggage revealed eight packages of cannabis weighing one pound.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App