She arrived in Barbados last weekend and a search of her luggage revealed eight packages of cannabis weighing one pound.
Yesterday, La-Toya Kenisha Smart, a 25-year-old Guyanese customer service representative, was remanded to jail after she pleaded guilty to charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
Here, Smart leaves Central Police Station with a large bag of her possessions in tow. She returns to court on June 20.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App