St Lucia’s Prime Minister Dr Kenny Anthony is confident of victory in the upcoming polls.
After filing his nomination papers on Saturday, Anthony declared that his ruling St Lucia Labour Party (SLP) is poised and ready to return to office following the June 6 general election.
“The machinery is in place, we know we can and we will not be intimidated. We will conduct ourselves peacefully but what ultimately matters is the ballot box,” Anthony said.
The Prime Minister, who represents the constituency of Vieux Fort South, said he believed the people will express their confidence in him.
“We have had a wonderful relationship,” he asserted.
Anthony said he and his team were well organized and prepared to go.
At the same time, he explained that he takes all of his opponents seriously, no matter who they are.
Questioned on the matter of term limits for prime ministers, Anthony noted that it was an old issue.
He recalled having said in the past that the democratic process must not be frustrated.
“It is not for individuals to decide how many terms we should have,” the Prime Minister said.
Election day workers, police and fire personnel will cast their ballots on June 3.
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App