Police in Germany say at least 51 people were injured, eight seriously, when lightning struck at a rock festival in western part of the country early on Saturday.
Organisers of the Rock am Ring festival, which is headlined by Red Hot Chili Peppers, said lightning hit at 00:30 local time (22:30 GMT).
The event has now been suspended because of weather concerns.
Central Europe has been hit by severe storms and rain over the past few weeks, leading to 11 deaths in Germany.
The Rock am Ring festival, one of the most popular of its kind in Germany, also suffered lightning strikes last year when 33 people were taken to hospital.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App