Thirteen members of the Barbados Culinary Team left the island this morning headed to Miami to participate in this year’s Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association’s (CHTA) Taste of the Caribbean.
They are chefs Damian Leach, Willis Griffith, Kirk Ruck and Wilwore Jordan; pastry chefs Javon Cummins and Ron Maynard; junior chefs Nicolas Ifill and Marvin Applewhaite and bartenders Ryan Adamson and Philip Antoine, who will be competing against 13 other Caribbean countries.
The team is accompanied by manager Henderson Butcher, bartender manager Jamaal Bowen and bartender trainer Rohan Hackshaw.
In addition to the competition, the team will also be participating in a number of educational seminars, workshops, tastings and demonstrations designed to enhance performance, style and profitability in food and beverage operations.
Topics include – Global Trends, The Art of Plating, Healthy Menu Trends and Innovative Products and Technology for the Food Service Industry Today.
BHTA CEO Sue Springer, in wishing the team the best of luck, said, “This is what you have been training so hard for over the past few months. We have seen your progress and we are confident that you will do your best and make Barbados proud as we celebrate our 50th year of Independence. “
The event opens tomorrow and ends on Friday.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App