St Lucia’s main opposition United Workers Party (UWP) has won Monday’s general election, denying Prime Minister Dr Kenny Anthony and his St Lucia Labour Party (SLP) a second consecutive five-year term in office.
Preliminary results show that the UWP capturing 11 of the 17 seats at stake, in a complete reversal of the 2011 general election results, which the SLP won by the same margin.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App