A Vincentian woman will appear in court tomorrow on multiple drug offences.
She is 35-year-old Desrey Veronia Stowc, charged with possession of 1.5 kilogrammes of cocaine; possession with intent to supply cocaine; trafficking cocaine; and importation of cocaine.
Stowe arrived here on Monday and was interviewed by police.
She was subsequently referred to Customs, which conducted a search of her luggage.
Two bottles containing a liquid were found and tests revealed that the substance in both bottles was cocaine.
Stowe will appear at the District “B” Magistrate Court tomorrow.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App