Hundreds have gathered at the headquarters of the National Union of Public Workers to decide the fate of President Akanni McDowall.
This evening’s special general conference will consider a motion of no confidence against McDowall brought by some union members who are unhappy with his stewardship.
When McDowall arrived with his lawyer Tanya Goddard at the union’s Dalkeith headquarters moments ago, he was greeted with a thunderous applause.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App