After a more than two hour delay, passengers have safely disembarked Air Canada Flight 1966 from Toronto, Canada.
The delay came as a result of a threat, which was reportedly made by one male passenger, who has since been taken into police custody for questioning.
Officials are still tightlipped about the situation. However, passengers who spoke to Barbados TODAY described the experience as terrifying.
When contacted, one official at the Air Canada office here said no one was available for comment at this time.
The flight touched down just after 1:30 p.m. but other aircraft were forced to circle the airport, as emergency officials honed in on the Air Canada vessel.
Despite the emergency situation, the airport remains open to inbound and outbound traffic.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App