The driver involved in a hit and run accident at Speightstown this morning, which left a schoolgirl injured, has turned himself in.
Police say the man presented himself to the District E Police Station where he is assisting with investigations.
The student has been identified as 13-year-old Zawadi Gilkes of St Stephens, Black Rock, St Michael.
She was struck on the Speightstown ByPass Road, Speightstown, St Peter around 8:27 a.m.
Gilkes sustained lacerations to her face and right hand and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
Investigations are continuing.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App