A 43-year-old man has been arrested and now faces a total of seven charges – including driving without a valid driver’s licence – following yesterday’s hit and run accident, which occurred in Speightstown St Peter.
Derrick Sherland Nowell of Battaleys in the same parish is also charged with failing to stop at an accident; driving without due care and reasonable consideration; without tax; without insurance; failing to register a motor vehicle; and fraudulent use of number plates.
The accident has left 13-year-old Zawadi Gilkes, a student of the Alexandra School, nursing injuries.
Nowell is due to appear in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court today.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App