St Peter resident Derrick Sherland Nowell was today released on $5,000 bail with one surety after appearing in the Holetown Magistrates Court on seven traffic offences, following a hit-and-run accident in Speightstown.
Nowell, of Battaleys, is charged with driving without a valid driver’s licence, failing to stop at an accident; driving without due care and reasonable consideration; without tax; without insurance; failing to register a motor vehicle, and fraudulent use of number plates.
He is due to reappear in court on November 27.
Thirteen-year-old Zawadi Gilkes, a student at the Alexandra School, was left nursing injuries from the accident.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App