The man who attempted to enter the District “A” Magistrates’ Court in Bridgetown with a loaded gun on Thursday, causing a security scare, is due to appear in that same court today.
Shaquille Rachid Greenidge, 21, of Tudor Street, The City, is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm; illegal possession of ammunition; assaulting a Government security guard and illegal possession of cannabis.
The charges arise from Thursday’s incident that has forced the authorities to beef up security procedures at the District “A” Magistrates’ Court.
He faces a fifth charge of assaulting a prison officer in an unrelated matter.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App