Shipping company Eric Hassell & Son Ltd officially opened its new corporate headquarters at Land’s End, Spring Garden, St Michael yesterday with chairman Sir Trevor Hassell hailing the entity’s commitment to the development of Barbados.
The company was established in 1969 by Captain Eric Hassell and his son Geoffrey.
Sir Trevor said what began as a one-door operation 47 years ago had grown to provide “a clear statement that one family, one company, one sector of the business community is prepared to make a statement of its commitment to the country”.
He also noted the critical role of the private sector in the island’s economic development, saying that businesses must operate in a responsible, credible and principled manner in an environment of enlightened policies, if the nation is to continue to improve the quality of life and standard of living as well as create opportunities for the youth. (NC)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App