Shaquille Rachid Greenidge, who attempted to enter the District “A” Magistrates’ Court in Bridgetown with a loaded gun on Thursday, has been remanded to prison after appearing in the same court this morning on firearms and assault charges.
Greenidge, 21, appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant accused of unlawful possession of a firearm; illegal possession of ammunition; assaulting a Government security guard and illegal possession of cannabis.
He was also slapped with a fifth charge of assaulting a prison officer in an unrelated matter.
Greenidge is due to reappear in court on July 15.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App