Shaquille Rachid Greenidge, who attempted to enter the District “A” Magistrates’ Court in Bridgetown with a loaded gun on Thursday, has been remanded to prison after appearing in the same court this morning on firearms and assault charges.
Greenidge, 21, appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant accused of unlawful possession of a firearm; illegal possession of ammunition; assaulting a Government security guard and illegal possession of cannabis.
He was also slapped with a fifth charge of assaulting a prison officer in an unrelated matter.
Greenidge is due to reappear in court on July 15.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App