LeBron James has finally done it. The central quest of his entire NBA career has been to bring a championship to Cleveland. He did it Sunday night with an unbelievable performance, as the Cavaliers topped the defending champion Golden State Warriors 93-89 in Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals.
James finished with just the third triple-double in NBA Finals Game 7 history, he posted a line of 27 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks in 47 minutes. He was everywhere all night and willed the Cavs to their first NBA title, and Cleveland’s first major sports championship since 1964.
Not surprisingly, LeBron was named Finals MVP.
James got a huge assist from Kyrie Irving on the night. The 24-year-old point guard scored 26 points on the night while adding six rebounds.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App