Fire officials are trying to determine what caused a fire at a two-storey house in Coverley, Christ Church this morning.
The blaze caused damage to the top floor of the unfinished wall structure, which is owned by businesswoman Peggy Scott.
Scott told Barbados TODAY she was on the bottom floor when, just after 10 a.m., neighbours informed her of the fire which also destroyed the contents stored in the space.
The owner of a party rental business said the property was insured, adding that she was relieved that none of her equipment stored in the garage was damaged.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App