The St Lucian flight attendant who was charged with drug offences has been spared a jail term after paying $52,000 in fines.
Deann Pat Portia Plummer was arrested when she arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport on April 26, after Customs Officers found 11 pounds of cocaine in her handbag.
Police later searched her apartment and found 1.3 grammes of cannabis.
Plummer appeared in court on three occasions but was denied bail each time.
She pleaded guilty to all charges against her when she appeared in the District B Magistrates Court.
She was fined $25,000 for possession of cocaine and $25,000 for the importation of the drug. She was convicted, reprimanded and discharged for possession with intent to supply, and was reprimanded and discharged on the charge of trafficking.
Plummer appeared in the District C Magistrates Court and pleaded guilty to the charge of possession of cannabis, and was fined $2,000 forthwith or two years in prison.
All the fines were paid.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App