American rap star Curtis”50 Cent” Jackson and his bodyguard Bajar Walter pleaded guilty to the charge of using indecent language before the Basseterre Magistrate court at an unusual sitting today.
The two men were arrested last night after the repeated use of profanity during Jackson’s hour-long performance at the St Kitts Music Festival. The use of obscene language in public places is against the law in St Kitts/Nevis.
Walter was also slapped with an additional charge of obstruction of justice.
The courthouse, normally closed on weekends, opened at noon for the trial since 50 Cent was scheduled to fly out of the country at 2 p.m. to attend the BET Awards tonight in Los Angeles.
The men who were initially released on EC$5000 bail in the wee hours of this morning, were each fined $3000 EC at this afternoon’s hearing.
The money was paid forthwith and the men were released.
The second charge against Walter was dropped.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App