A St Michael man is awaiting surgery at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for several injuries sustained in an accident yesterday afternoon.
Police say Radcliffe Bostic of Upper Station Hill was travelling along Brucevale Road, St Andrew, when he lost control of the lorry he was driving.
The vehicle went over a side of a bridge and plunged 19 feet.
Bostic sustained multiple fractures on the left side of his chest, and a collapsed right lung.
The vehicle was also extensively damaged.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App