Thirteen people are homeless following a fire at Chapman Street, St Michael, which destroyed three houses and damaged a fourth.
The blaze began around 2.30 this morning.
No injuries were reported, but police say the three gutted wooden homes were occupied by Masum Badat and four family members; 30-year-old Clem Bejonge and three family members; and 58-year-old Aziz Begia and three family members.
The fourth property, which was damaged, was unoccupied.
A team of fire officers, led by the Deputy Fire Chief Lloydson Phillips, extinguished the blaze after 4 a.m.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App