Barbados chef de mission to the Rio Olympics in Brazil is Dr Adrian Lorde.
The announcement was made yesterday at a special function for Christ Church Foundation athletes who were rewarded for their outstanding performances at this year’s Barbados Secondary Schools Athletics Championship where they won the girls’ title and placed second in the boys’ competition.
Lorde, a Foundation old scholar, told Barbados TODAY this would be his first time as manager of any sporting team, after being nominated by the Barbados Olympic Association as chef de mission.
He described his appointment as an honour.
Lorde will have the task of managing 13 of Barbados’ top athletes who have so far earned their tickets to Rio in five sporting disciplines. (ML)
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App