Barbados chef de mission to the Rio Olympics in Brazil is Dr Adrian Lorde.
The announcement was made yesterday at a special function for Christ Church Foundation athletes who were rewarded for their outstanding performances at this year’s Barbados Secondary Schools Athletics Championship where they won the girls’ title and placed second in the boys’ competition.
Lorde, a Foundation old scholar, told Barbados TODAY this would be his first time as manager of any sporting team, after being nominated by the Barbados Olympic Association as chef de mission.
He described his appointment as an honour.
Lorde will have the task of managing 13 of Barbados’ top athletes who have so far earned their tickets to Rio in five sporting disciplines. (ML)
Recent Local News
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Barbadian diplomat Evelyn Greaves has died
- Mobile App