Barbados Tridents won their first match of this year’s Caribbean Premier League when they defeated St Kitts and Nevis Patriots by seven wickets at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts, tonight.
Batting first the Patriots made 162 for 8 in their 20 overs with opener Evin Lewis top-scoring with 50 that included five boundaries and two sixes. Jonathan Carter, batting at number 5, made 41 with one boundary and three sixes.
David Wiese was the best of the Tridents’ bowlers with 2 for 14.
In response Tridents made 166 for 3 in 18.4 overs. AB de Villiers led the way for the winners with an unbeaten 63 made in 33 balls with five boundaries and three sixes. Opener Shoaib Malik made 54 at the top of the order with two boundaries and two sixes.
Tridents moved to fourth on the six-team table with the victory.
de Villiers was named Man-of-the-Match.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App